YKK® SNAD® Clear Stud 40 mm - Package Quantity 10 - 1000
YKK® SNap ADhesively attached Fastener - SNAD® • The YKK® Snap Fasteners America Inc. introduces its plastic adhesive snap components for the marine industry. Unlike the traditional metal screw studs used for marine applications, this product will not snag clothing or deteriorate from exposure to sunlight, sand and dirt. Plus, its unique dome shape enables it to be walked on without causing pain. What’s even more amazing about this snap component is how it is secured to a boats surface. On the underside of the plastic dome is a pad of 3M™, VHB™ acrylic conformable foam adhesive tape that enables the snap to adhere to boat surfaces without having to drill a hole. For more than 20 years the VHB™ product line has proven to be tough in marine, automotive, medical, aerospace, and architectural applications. YKK® has adapted it to use with its patented design to bring flexibility and convenience to the marine industry. All one must do is simply clean the surface to which the snap is to be applied, peel off the protective paper backing, position and firmly hold the snap in place and release. NO tools, NO wait, NO splits, NO hole!
- Attaches to a variety of high energy surfaces with 3M® VHB® adhesive
- DIY Friendly, no tools required for installation
- Flexible, clear silicone base
- Components compatible with any brand of Style 2 Snaps meeting Mil Spec 10884
- Conforms to non-slip deck or panel patterns
- Field tested by marine canvas professionals coast to coast